Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Kihikihi Dressage / Show Jumping 20 Oct 12

Decided to take the wee guy to the Pony club dressage / show jumping/ show hunter / ribbon day.

The plan was to do a couple of dressage tests, and a couple of show jump rounds.

I entered for two prelim tests, and the 70 and 80 show jumping.

We did our 70 with just a couple of faults, one in which I turned a full circle (crossing my tracks) before presenting him to the double.  As the steering was still not great, and it was a tightish turn from the previous jump, I preferred to get him straight to have every chance to see what he was doing.

He did argue a bit, but jumped confidently enough for me to be happy to take him in the 80 round.

However, unfortunately our dressage draw clashed terribly so he missed out on doing an 80cm round.

His dressage was somewhat less than desired, and he was resistant in both tests, particularly the second one,  although didn't ACTUALLY do anything awful.  He worked beautifully between the tests, and I think to be honest, that by the second test he had simply had enough.

However, he was very well behaved in general, and I'm sure will only improve with each outing.
I think the worse thing of the day was trying to get on him for his dressage....what a mission - he was awful, and wouldnt stand at all, but we did somehow get there in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment